1. I'm interested in taking in-home lessons - How long is each lesson?
We generally recommend 30-minute lessons to start. Although we do offer 45-minute and 1-hour sessions as students progress and need more time.
2. How do we discuss scheduling a day, time and teacher for instruction?
3. Are lessons weekly? Do we have the option to do every other week?
- Lessons take place on a weekly basis at a regularly scheduled time. We understand that schedules can be hectic, but a consistent time and structure are necessary for optimal learning.
4. Can we do a trial lesson to make sure we like our teacher?
- JWY! has nearly a 100% success rate in placing students with teachers. Our teachers are the best! However, if you are not completely satisfied with your 1st lesson, we will give you the opportunity to try another teacher.
5. Do you have recitals?
- We have something way cooler than recitals....SuperJams!!!! Generally held at the end of the school year, SuperJams allow students to show off their stuff in front of siblings, parents, grandparents, friends and the whole JWY! community. Our Super Jams aren't just boring old fashioned recitals. We encourage students to perform together, in groups, duos, trios, bands, with siblings, parents, their teachers, ect. At a typical SuperJam, you will see a wide variety of instruments, ages, abilities and performances.
6. Do you do background checks on teachers?
- Yes! All new teachers are interviewed and screened. We run a CORI on each individual who is offered a contract to work for JWY!
7. What if we need to miss a lesson?
- We have a 48 hr cancellation policy. All cancellations must be called or emailed into your teacher 48 hours prior to the start time of your lesson. However, we are flexible and understanding. If there is a family emergency or illness, your teacher will do their absolute best to reschedule. If a lesson is cancelled outside of the 48hrs, you will not be charged on your subsequent bill.
8. How do we pay?
- Invoices are sent at the beginning of each month for lessons completed during the previous month. Payments are due within 30 days of the invoice date. JWY sends a reminder email the 15th of each month. Payments can be made by debit card, credit card, paypal or check. Please note that credit cards are our preferred method of receiving payment. If you choose to make payments using checks or paypal, there will be a $50 late payment penalty for payments made more than 30 days after receiving your invoice.
9. Does JWY! accept credit cards?
- Yes! We accept all major credit cards, including Visa, MasterCard and American Express.
- Visit our Payments Page to sign up now!