JamBand Summer Intensive
JamBand Summer Intensive Program Details:
Ages: 8+ yrs (requires at least 1 year private lessons)
Dates: August 20-24, Monday-Friday, 11-4pm
Performance Date: August 24th
Location: JWY! Program Center
12B Mica Lane Wellesley, MA 02481
MAP & DIRECTIONS
Aside from playing some sweet tunes and having a blast, band members are given the skills and experience to succeed in this and future band experiences. Process trumps performance here, but we always try to put on a good show!
Some things we like to work on in bands:
- listening and communication skills (to/with the director and other band members)
- new lingo and concepts that apply to playing in a band
- using what you've learned in individual lessons, and applying it in a more social, collaborative setting
- finding the strengths of every band member
- appreciating everyone's voice
- being fun and creative within a form (and with a performance deadline!)
- practice + preparation = confidence!
- drummer jokes
Noah Lapierre, B.A (Bachelors in Music), graduated from the University of Massachusetts Dartmouth in 2013. He has experience in an array of musical genres from studying with great musicians such as Jamie Eckert, Chris Poudrier, Royal Hartigan, and Andy McWain. By studying musical styles such as Rock, Reggae, Jazz, Swing, Funk, R&B, Latin, Afro Cuban, and World Fusion, Noah can teach a wide variety of drum beats and grooves to students of all ages and abilities.