Jammin' With You! Policies
In-Home Lesson PoliciesRegistration
- New student registration is rolling throughout the school year.
- There is a $30 registration fee per family per year, charged at the time of registration, then annually on September 1st.
Re-Enrollment from One Year to the Next
There are three tiers of registration:
Priority Registration begins on June 1st. This is open to current JWY families that want to keep the same time, day and teacher from one academic year to the next. We must receive the priority registration form by end of day on June 14th to secure your spot.
Preferred Registration begins on June 15th. This is open to current JWY families that need to change the time, day or teacher from one academic year to the next. We must receive the preferred registration form by end of day on June 30th. Preferred registrations are processed on a first come, first served basis.
Open Registration begins on July 1st. This is for new JWY families or families that are not able to commit to a lesson time during the above registration periods. Again, these registrations will be processed on a first come, first served basis.
Cancellation and Attendance Policy
▪ All cancellations must be made directly to your teacher with at least 48 hours notice in order to not be charged for the lesson. If you need to cancel with less than 48 hours, you will be charged for the lesson unless you and your teacher can find a mutually agreed upon time to re-schedule the lesson. For best practices, it is encouraged to contact your teacher and the JWY office to alert us of cancellations.
▪ Cancellations due to inclement weather are at the discretion of the teacher.
▪ Regarding school vacations and holidays, click here to see the 2016-2017 JWY! Calendar. Days marked in red are assumed non-lesson days. However, if you are interested in having a lesson over the vacations, please contact your teacher/office to see if they are available.
Pay in Advance - Effective September 1, 2015, all in-home music lessons must be paid in advance. On the first of each month you will receive an invoice for all lessons to be attended during that month. If a lesson is missed, the client's account will be credited. If the duration of a lessons changes, the client's account will be credited (a lesson is usually 45 minutes, but occurred only for 30) or debited (a lesson is usually 30 minutes, but occurred for 45) accordingly. Before the school year begins, JWY! will send out a detailed calendar of projected lesson days for each month.
Credit Cards for Payment - Effective September 1, 2015, all in-home music lessons must be paid by credit card. As the final step to registration, clients will be prompted to enter credit card information when paying the annual registration fee. No registration will be confirmed without the credit card information and registration fee.
Program Center Policies
- A complete registration form with signature is required for each child enrolling.
- A $30 non-refundable annual registration fee per family is required at time of enrollment.
- Tuition is prorated if starting after the first class of the session.
- A 25% sibling discount will be applied toward the lesser tuition for all siblings enrolled. For example, one student in JamBaby would pay $225/class and a sibling in JamKids would pay $160/class.
- There is a $20 charge for returned checks.
- Your child will be automatically re-enrolled in his/her class and your credit card will be billed on our billing date for the next session unless an un-enrollment form is submitted during the un-enrollment period. Any un-enrollment that occurs after the notified un-enrollment period will incur a $25 fee. No refunds will be issued for late un-enrollments. Instead, a credit will be placed on the your account for future use.
- Tuition payments are billed to your credit card prior to the start of the session. JWY will notify you prior to the billing date.
- All returning students must re-enroll for the Fall session. Class placement does not carry over from the Spring.
- JWY will provide notification during the un-enrollment period.
- Prospective students may take one trial class before committing to the program.
- The trial class will be charged at $30, unless the student enrolls in the program. At which time, the cost of the trial class will be rolled into the total tuition.
- After the first trial class, the same student cannot attend another trial class.
- Siblings may attend with an enrolled family for $20.
- Guests may attend with an enrolled family for $20.
- Two make-ups per session are permitted and must be arranged in advance by calling and scheduling by phone. Make up classes do not carry over to other sessions.
- JWY follows the Wellesley Public School for snow cancellations. If school is canceled, then our programming is as well. An opportunity for missed classes due to weather will be made available (i.e. attending classes on other days and times), although we do not extend the session for snow days.
- There will be no credits or refunds for missed classes.
- A student must decide after the first two classes to stay for the remainder of the session. If for any reason a student chooses to un-enroll, a full refund less the $30 nonrefundable registration fee and any redeemed classes will be given. You must notify us within 24 hours of the conclusion of the second class if you do not wish to continue. No refunds will be given after this deadline. The refund policy is only applicable to students who are attending the class for the first time. Please see the re-enrolment policies above for more information.